Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Face Mask...It Does Nothing

AM: 2:10 :: 21+

Take your breath away cold - thats what it is. I was hoping to run closer to sub-6:00 miles for this run, but I felt cold, even wearing three layers. The wind was deceptively strong (and cold, theres a theme here). I ran out along Minnehaha Creek to the Lakes and then took the long way around Harriet and Calhoun. At the top of Calhoun I jumped on the Midtown Greenway and ran that back to the River Road and home. It was nice to have the wind at my back along the Greenway, but the final section along the River Road was brutal. I ran 5:57 for the last mile, trying not to push it, but difficult given the conditions.

Minnesotans (current and former) had a good day at US CC Nationals in Boulder. Elliot Heath won the Junior Race. Kara Goucher (former Wheeler) was 3rd in the women's open; Katie Mcgregor 7th. Jason Lemkuhle was 9th in the men's open.

LINK
DVD feature on the 2007 US CC Champs.

No comments: