Sunday, August 26, 2007

I Know I'm In Woodbury, But That Is About It

AM: 3M wm, 13.1 MP (1:11:54), 4M cd :: 20M

It was a last minute decision to hop in the Woodbury Country Mile today. I was feeling pretty good after yesterdays trail run and I wanted to do something in the marathon pace range so a 1/2 marathon race seemed to fit the bill. I was hesitant, though, because it has been quite a week so far and if I was feeling run down during the workout I would be much less likely to drop out of a race, even if it was a meaningless one.

But luckily for me I felt pretty good today. The course itself proved to be a bit more of a challange than I anticipated. Most of it is run on bike paths circling the many small lakes of Woodbury. That meant a lot of bobbing and weaving, up and down, round and round, making it hard to hold a steady pace. I kept the effort just about right throughout, however, so the race/workout served its purpose.

5:38, 5:19, 5:27, 5:28, 5:28, 5:32, 5:33, 5:30, 5:33, 5:37, 5:22, 5:35, 5:55 (1.1)

I also got to try out my new favorite racing flat, the Puma Complete Road Racer. I'm debating if they are enough shoe to get me through TCM, but they performed pretty well for a 1/2 marathon. I highly recommend them, if you don't mind looking completely awesome.

1 comment:

Chad said...

I'd just say be careful with the flats. I bought some Mizuno flats last year and they were fine for 20K. I thought that'd be alright for Chicago. However, by mile 16 I could already feel it in my calves. I'm sure you're much more efficient that me though.