Monday, April 02, 2007

Race Week

A day off. I thought it best to get it out of the way early in the week, lest I feel sluggish because of it. Its all part of my plan to rapidly drop volume right before the race. The weekly summary should be a hoot this time around. Miles before Saturday: about 30. Miles Saturday: 62. Its all about the race at this point.

I had a midterm in Financial Reporting tonight, so I thought I would miss the NCAA Final tonight, but I got out early and was able to jump in with five minutes left in the first half. I have to say Ohio State put up a pretty good fight for an off-shooting night. I suppose it helps when you have a 7-2 future NBA star holding down the middle. Florida was unreal. I can't remember them missing a shot the whole night. Since Kansas screwed me over, I was actually able to enjoy the game without worrying about the impact on my bracket.

Charlie Mahler from Down The Backstretch asked me a few questions about ultras and training and I answered them here.

LINK
What your girlfriend's favorite movie star says about you.
Chuck Klosterman Final Four Blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck this weekend, Patrick. I have enjoyed reading your blog since you started it. I think you will be the smartest trained runner going into the event. You have no alibis. The money is in the bank. Your ready.

Oh. That, and there is 2K on the line.

Oh. Plus a US National Championship title and automatic 100K World bid.

Just in case you needed some extra motivation when it starts to hurt at 40 miles.

Have a smoothe race.

SW