Monday, January 01, 2007

Not A Good Start

AM: 60 min :: 9.0M

Asthma sucks. This was supposed to be a 4 hour run (4 loops of the Ford Parkway/Franklin Loop River Road). I knew right off the bat it was going to be a struggle. I had been exposed to my kryptonite, pet dander, over the weekend. I was feeling a little weezy before I even started. Then, of course, cold air exacerbates my symptoms, so...strike two. Halfway through the first loop I knew I wouldn't be doing 4 loops today. As I approached St Thomas it became readily apparant that I would be lucky to finish this loop. I ended up cutting off the Minnehaha Park section to head home early gasping for air by this point. My airway felt about a centimeter wide.

So....disappointing way to start the week and the year. Tomorrow's another day I guess.

Links
Hasselhoff always cheers me up.

No comments: